- Aim for peace and compassion; consider the probability of positive intent.
- When you have a complaint, talk to the ones involved, instead of talking about them to others. Get a support person to accompany if needed.
- If others ask to talk to you, make time for it as soon as possible; get support if needed.
- Be present at house circles, house meals, projects, and events.
- Keep personal phone conversations private.
- Keep music and entertainment volume respectful.
- Use and respect “do not disturb” door signs.
- Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 8:00am (whispers and stocking feet).
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Perform your daily, weekly, and monthly duties without reminders.
- Tidy up after yourself.
- Always remove your laundry within the same day.
- Use the drying rack or clothes line if you can.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle
Community and Guests
- Hosts to introduce guests to social agreements and rules.
- Contribute back for all that is received by your guests ($).
- No overnite guests until they have met all current residents.
- If you use it, be responsible for helping clean it.
- Keep it a calm and private space, no glass, no sex, quiet voices.
- Always park …
- All guests park …
Heating and Cooling
- Works most efficiently with windows and doors closed.
- Always turn off portable heaters when you are not home.
Electric System Limitations
Only one electric device to be used at a time in kitchen.
Make a Positive Difference
It took more than a decade to get the community to this current state. Your energy, time, and efforts make a difference.
Moving on with Gratitude
- Leave the place, your room, and the house as good or better than you found it!
- Contribute. Pay for what you have received.
- Find a replacement if you use it all, or if you break something.